Sunday, June 1, 2008

Behind the Scenes: Dining Services II

Today I worked my last shift for Reunions - breakfast at the 5th. Not surprisingly, only a few alumni from the 5th with trains and planes to catch woke up for the 9-11 a.m. breakfast.

Carrying their luggage, they wandered in for bagels, pastries, milk, coffee and juice, freshly dressed but bleary-eyed.

I was a little bleary-eyed myself, having gone straight from partying to work at 7 a.m. I wasn't even wearing a clean outfit - I wore my only white blouse and black bottom to my shift yesterday.

Two men by the coffee lamented their "drunk sleep," which they described as totally not restful and unsatisfying.

The decaf dispenser was full when we packed up breakfast - everyone was going for the caffeine.

Princeton is gorgeous in the morning. A cool breeze blew through the tent, and I felt peaceful looking at stray cans in the soft morning light. It's almost a shame that I'm not awake at 7 a.m. more often.

0 comments: