Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dear Angela Hodgeman and the Office of Sustainability,

Dear Angela Hodgeman and the Office of Sustainability,

On Monday, December 20th between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.: There is no way in hell University personnel and students will enter my room to do a sustainability survey. The staff will check each room (except mine) for energy savings. All surveys will be visually performed and no personal belongings will be touched. Except for my stuffed animals, which you and your sustainability cronies will probably molest. Furthermore, there will be NO PENALTIES OR FINES for anything visually observed during the survey. Except the trauma my clan of radioactive hermit crabs will feel when you separate them from their mommy. You say my presence will not be necessary during the survey? Well, your presence will not be necessary in my room, thank you very much. Actually, you know what? How's this for a deal. If I let you into my room to judge its sustainability, then you let me into your room to do the same. And have no doubts that I will be judging you personally for each plastic bag, each gratuitous rubber band and can of soda I find in the joint. If you do not wish for me to personally enter your room and adjudicate on your private space, you can opt out. But I hope you don't. Please email iseestupidpeople@princeton.edu - stating your building and room number and that you wish to have your abode skipped over – If you email by 12 p.m. morning of Friday, Dec 17th, I will not enter your room and hide under your bed. If you have any questions, please contact sustainordie@princeton.edu.

Thank you,

The Blogstress


The email sent at 10:43 AM on Dec. 9
Subject: Sustainability Audit

This email is being sent on behalf of the Office of Sustainability. Please do not reply to this email.


Dear Undergraduates,

On Monday, December 20th between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.: University personnel and students will enter all rooms in your building to do a sustainability survey. The staff will check each room for energy savings. All surveys will be visually performed and no personal belongings will be touched. Furthermore, there will be NO PENALTIES OR FINES for anything visually observed during the survey. Your presence will not be necessary during the survey. If you do not wish for University personnel and students to enter your room for this sustainability survey, you can opt out. Please email sustain@princeton.edu - stating your building and room number and that you wish to have your room skipped over – If you email by 12 p.m. morning of Friday, Dec 17th, the staff and students will not enter your room for this survey. If you have any questions, please contact sustain@princeton.edu.

Thank you,

Princeton Sustainability Office

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post was pretty pointless.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post stands up for personal liberty and privacy.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, why was I not informed about this? I never got an email telling me any such thing. Is this observation being conducted on every student room? Where can I find more information and opt out if I choose to?

Anonymous said...

nice fuckin post

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. These people always judge and infringe upon your personal rights and space.

Anonymous said...

Are the people coming into my room going to steal my stuff? Is anyone watching them? If something is missing, even something recyclable, who do I report it to?

Anonymous said...

I didn't get any email like that ...how can I opt out?