Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eminem's Reflections on Shopping Classes


Twenty-seven minutes into this class I am 97% likely to ditch on SCORE before another 23 minutes pass and I cannot put Marshall Mathers from my mind. As a senior, I've shopped a fair number of classes. During each of these experiences Eminem's "Hailie's Song" pops into my mind and sets itself on repeat.

"But the years that I've wasted are nothing to the tears that I've tasted
So here's what I'm facin':
3 felonies, 6 years of probation"

So why not bust out of this jail? I don't have an aisle seat, but it would only take a whispered "excuse me" and perhaps a dirty look from a professor who will never have any control over my chances of future employment to bust me out of this cell. But no,
"I sit, starin' out the window
Watchin' this world pass me by
Sometimes I think theres nothin' to live for
I almost break down and cry."

Maybe it's time to stand up. Okay, let's all stand up.

-The Blogstress

0 comments: