Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fire in Fine Hall

Public Safety and the Princeton Fire Department responded to an alarm on the seventh floor of Fine Hall a little before 5:00 Tuesday night. University fire marshall Bob Gregory said that a recirculating pump from a water heater burned out due to an electrical malfunction, causing “a pretty significant smoke condition,” although there were “no actual flames.”

The Fire Department ventilated the smoke, searched the floor, and made sure everybody was out of the building. There were no injuries, and the only damage to the building was the pump. Gregory said that by tomorrow, everything should be “back to normal.”

By Jonathan Dec, staff writer for News.