Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome! Or not...

By now most of the ickle high school seniors (who doubtlessly will take offense at being called ickle) who applied to Princeton know whether they got in or not.

To those of you who did get in: Congratulations! (More on you later...)

To those of you who didn't get in: Better luck next...wait, never mind. You won't get the chance to apply to Princeton again, at least not as an undergrad, but I'm sure you got into other great schools where you'll take really great classes, learn really cool things, and meet good friends. Rejection letters should all read "Drink Coke, play again." Do with yours what you'd do with a bottle cap: toss it and don't think about it.

Back to those who did get in: Congratulations! AGAIN! All of your hard work through high school has paid off. Now all you have to do is get through four more years of that and then you'll be all set for the real world. By which I mean investment banking. Or not. There's always academia.

Now, if you were cool enough to get into Princeton, I'm assuming you were cool enough to get into other schools, which means that you have an agonizing decision ahead of you. Harvard or Princeton? Yale or Princeton? The list goes on and on, but I'll stop there. Personally for me it was Yale vs. Princeton, and as my comrades from high school can attest, I was probably more stressed out by that decision than I was by the whole rest of the college admissions process. A bit of advice: don't stress. Another bit of advice: come to Princeton. A third bit of advice: don't trust me; I have an agenda and want you to come to Princeton. A fourth bit of advice: do whatever is right for you.

Which of course will be coming to Princeton. :-)

0 comments: