Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Everything Revolves around Whitman. Even the last post.

There was this one time, when I was walking to my writing seminar and decided to use the stairs in Whitman Dining Hall to avoid the cold weather. When I was about 5-7 feet away from the card-checking station, a Whitman kid (standing guard outside the dining hall), hoping to maintain the integrity of "Members Only" night, glared at me and asked, "Are you from Whitman?" (Italics may have been used to dramatize the situation.)

Even though I realize that this is really petty, I was very happy to hear that Whitman Dining Hall decided to exclude Whitman residents to accommodate pre-frosh.

But then, I reread the letter that the Dean sent, particularly the statement below, and started thinking.
The Admission Office has requested that on the Thursday night of both weekends (April 10 and April 17) these students have the opportunity to eat in the Whitman dining hall. Due to the number of admitted students participating, this means we need to close the dining hall to all current Princeton students, including Whitman residents. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Why did the office request Whitman Dining Hall and not the other ones? I mean, I think students realize that Whitman is the best dining hall, but it's kind of annoying to hear that the Admission Office thinks so, too. But really... Why not Wilcox?


P.S. No word from the University asking students to pretend that parts of Butler, mainly the construction, and all of Wilson are unaffiliated with Princeton for these next two weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mean, they spent a couple hundred 'mil on it so why wouldn't they think it's the best?

If it weren't the best then they kinda wasted their money...

Anonymous said...

Haha. Whitman. It has nothing on Rocky.

Anonymous said...

True that. Rocky-Mathey is where it's at.